While there haven’t been as many photo ops this year, Meghan Markle’s dresses never disappoint. During the majority of her public appearances in 2021, she has managed to maintain her best-dressed title with an enviable collection of caftan and wrap silhouettes. These aren’t your average frocks, though. Markle often relies on a combination of nature-inspired prints, from the tropical palms on her now sold-out La Ligne dress to the abstract poppies printed on her Carolina Herrera shirt dress.
Usually, floral and landscape-adorned dresses are associated with spring and summer, but Markle’s year-round take on the pattern proves they’ll look just as great come fall or winter.
In celebration of her 40th birthday, we’re taking a closer look at Meghan Markle’s dresses worn in 2021, below. Plus, we’re stocking up on some seasonless styles to add to our closets, too.
The Pristine Poppy
- 1 The Pristine Poppy
- 2 Carolina Herrera poppy print shirt dress
- 3 La Ligne floral mini dress
- 4 Gucci poppy flowers print silk dress
- 5 Ulla Johnson short-sleeve midi dress
- 6 The Perfect Palm
- 7 Farm Rio palm tree embroidered dress
- 8 City Chic In Paradise maxi dress
- 9 Johanna Ortiz Moon Sight maxi dress
- 10 BB Dakota Palm Down off-the-shoulder sundress
- 11 The Subtle Motif
- 12 Giorgio Armani silk midi dress
- 13 Lela Rose floral applique cotton midi dress
- 14 & Other Stories voluminous embroidery mini dress
- 15 Preen by Thornton Bregazzi Clario maxi dress
- 16 Lug Von Siga Emma mini dress
- 17 The Cream of the Crop
- 18 Oscar de la Renta Primavera ruffle hem shift dress
- 19 Yumi Kim Pretty Woman dress
- 20 Cara Cara Harbour Island midi dress
- 21 Oscar de la Renta printed pleated dress
- 22 Farm Rio spotted bananas sleeveless cotton dress
During the Global Citizen Vax Live event, Markle’s optimistic, cheerful poppy dress was a hit.
The Perfect Palm
Markle seems to have taken a cue from all the palm trees and greenery lining the streets of Santa Barbara.
The Subtle Motif
Pared-back florals felt just right for Markle’s moving conversation with Oprah.
The Cream of the Crop
Markle announced her upcoming podcast in a dress splashed with a lemon tree motif. Perhaps, the blossoming print was a symbol of new beginnings.