Temperatures are still skyrocketing, but before we know it, the blazing heat will swiftly transform into a cool breeze, and cute outfits for fall will become top of mind. This season’s looks are arguably the best, especially since the transitional weather gives us an opportunity to play with unexpected layers and rich, textured fabrics.
Once the weather drops, there’s no need to completely forget about your summer faves; follow the latest wave of street style stars and pair those crop tops with leather trousers and style those mini skirts with longline blazers. You could even savor a few more days with your sandals, if you have a great pair of jeans and a crochet knit top in your closet.
Find out exactly how to put together a few cute outfits for fall below. Plus, get a head start on shopping for transitional pieces, too.
The Back to Office Hero
- 1 The Back to Office Hero
- 2 Alex Mill Mathilde linen and cotton-blend vest
- 3 Zara slit ribbed leggings
- 4 New Balance Made in US 990 V5 sneakers
- 5 The Weekend Winner
- 6 Ksubi Playback high-rise straight-leg jeans
- 7 Loewe Flamenco nano chain strap leather crossbody bag
- 8 The Elevated Casual Look
- 9 Tu Es Mon Tresor Emerald high-rise striaght-leg jeans
- 10 Adidas Stan Smith leather sneakers
- 11 The Polished Combo
- 12 Plan C sleeveless stripe wool-knit top
- 13 Weekend by Max Mara Sovrana trousers
- 14 The Glitz and Glam
- 15 Marco De Vincenzo bow blouse
- 16 Nanushka Namas wide-leg vegan leather pants
- 17 Acne Studios Musubi mini knotted leather shoulder bag
- 18 & Other Stories thong strap heeled leather sandals
- 19 The Twisted Prep
- 20 LVIR wool-blend twill blazer
- 21 Converse Run Star Hike sneakers
- 22 The Refined Sportswear
- 23 Ganni sleeveless checkerboard knit sweater
- 24 Levi’s 505 high-waist straight-leg jeans
- 25 Balenciaga embroidered cotton twill baseball cap
- 26 Neous Sika toe-ring leather sandals
- 27 The Reveal and Conceal
- 28 H&M oversized linen-blend jacket
- 29 Jacquemus Valensole ribbed bralette
- 30 Rag & Bone studio pintuck jersey trousers
- 31 The Pops of Color
- 32 Alice + Olivia Camara rolled-crewneck cropped tank
- 33 Deadwood Presley leather wide-leg pants
- 34 Bottega Veneta BV fold crossbody bag
- 35 Bottega Veneta stretch leather-trimmed mesh pumps
- 36 The Surfer in the City
- 37 Gabriela Hearst Miller tie-dyed cashmere sweater
- 38 AGoldE balloon high-rise tapered jeans
- 39 Bao Bao Issey Miyake Lucent matte geo shoulder bag
No need to force your feet into heels. A classic pair of New Balance sneakers will look just as chic with your blazers and trousers.
The Weekend Winner
Florals for fall? Absolutely. Just look for cozy knits, like this one from The Series. It pairs well with jeans and skirts.
The Elevated Casual Look
Never underestimate the power of a tan blazer. It will upgrade all of your T-shirts, jeans, and sneakers.
The Polished Combo
If you don’t already own a sweater vest, you might want to get one. The preppy trend is showing no signs of slowing down. Plus, it pairs well over a T-shirt, button-up blouse, or turtleneck.
The Glitz and Glam
Not every special event requires a dress. A pair of leather trousers will go a long way this fall. And they certainly command attention, especially when paired with a bright blouse.
The Twisted Prep
Give polished blazers and skirts a cool upgrade with trendy bucket hats and platform sneakers.
The Refined Sportswear
Baseball caps might be the unexpected accessory hero come fall. We’ve seen celebs wearing them with going-out dresses, but you can also wear them with a sweater vest (yes, there’s another one) and jeans.
The Reveal and Conceal
Show off a little bit of skin with a barely-there bralette underneath an oversized, boxy blazer.
The Pops of Color
Just because the days are a little darker, doesn’t mean you have to dull down your wardrobe. Have fun mixing shades, like red, yellow, and green.
The Surfer in the City
Nope, the fashion crowd isn’t over the effortless vibes of tie-dye just yet. So pair that colorful tee with white jeans and a coordinating bag this fall.